Restaurant Fire in Escazú Quickly Controlled
Diners at the Al Pinino Restaurant and the Saquella Café in the Multi-Central Paco shopping center in Escazu were surprised Saturday afternoon, August 11, at about 1:00 P.M. with thick billowing smoke emerging from what appeared initially to be a roof fire over the Saquella Café. Waiters were noticing customers to leave the restaurants for their protection and move their cars while the cause of the blaze was being determined and the fire department would soon be arriving.
Shortly thereafter, the police showed up to cordon off the parking lot area which was followed by 5 fire trucks arriving and numerous firefighters.
The fire and smoke had already quickly subsided,
and it was subsequently determined that the cause was a grease fire in the hood ventilation system. Apparently, the major cause of controlling the fire was the fire suppression system of the kitchen.
It is not known at this time if there was damage to the roof itself, as it appears the fire was confined solely to the metal air exit assembly on the roof. The firemen were on the roof appraising the situation.Business, Construction, Entertainment, Food & Dining